Second Saintfield was formed as a Burgher Seceder congregation in 1795 due to dissatisfaction in the old Saintfield congregation with Rev Birch's sympathies with the United Irishmen.The second minister, Rev Walter Moffat was a gifted evangelist and known as the 'McCheyne of the Irish Seceders'. His reputation was enhanced by the fact that he died after only seven years service. The present church was built upon the site of the original in 1892. Extensive renovations were carried out in 1966-7. Membership now is around 250 families.